Tuesday, 7 November 2017

Maxime the Ferocious Tiger Lily - NaNoWriMo Week 1

The tale of Maxime de Faye, a bold, vivacious and precocious child star, but troubled and suffocated by a hectic schedule and the need to keep his personal life secret. His films and performance may be otherworldly, but reality can be jarring in the head space of young teenage boy who is overworked, bombarded with the responsibility of an adult three times his age, and forced to smile despite feeling lonely in a world filled with countless names and faces. 
That is the summary so far, though it will most probably change by the time the book has been finished. It is set in the 1960's and has a m/m relationship, though that isn't the main part of my story, as there are other themes too. It brings me back to when I used to write m/m couples though, which is fun!

Villa in France - © Ellie Morris

So it's week two of NaNoWriMo! In fact, I did decide to be more active on the NaNo site, but mainly in the way of updating my word-count and occasionally writing in the forum. Still not sure about the technical or social side of things, like digital and physical write-ins, but it's actually an achievement for me that I'm writing on a daily basis; I had been so exhausted and demotivated in the weeks before November, but reading the NaNoWriMo workbook and deciding to take the challenge changed that somewhat.

And it was going so well! Close to 1,700 words or more every day, I had enjoyed every second of it. Things flowed so naturally for the first week, and I couldn't wait to start writing again every evening; sometimes I would stay up until two or so in the morning because I was so inspired.

But then I caught the flu... (or a cold, as my Dad says, but I think it's the flu as I haven't felt this ill with a 'common' illness since I was eleven, and that was swine flu, so...) I had to put a stop to writing for a couple of days so that I could rest, but I spend most of my time daydreaming about my characters and smiling about their exploits that are yet to come!

I hope that tomorrow I can get back to Maxime and his associates, as I find myself missing him already; it's rather like being separated from a new and exciting friend that one just wants to spend all their time with!

llie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic